Monday, May 4, 2009

A bit tired

..of the same ol' same ol'. Here are my lunch ingredients, yes, it's the salad stuff I've shown before. I'm not tired of the salads, I really enjoy my salads which last year I was calling "grass". As in - if I go out to dinner I don't want to have a bowl of grass! My epiphany was Paul Newmans Ranch dressing. It's not what I am using on a day to day basis. I actually bought some - Kraft (I think) ranch fat free dressing and some lowfat ranch - and mixed them. So I'm using almost fat free ranch dressing.

I remember that day - going through the drive-thru at McDonalds and deciding to have a cheeseburger and a side salad. You know, healthy up my MackyDs. I hadn't thought about dressing so when they asked what kind I wanted - ranch kind of flew out of my mouth and I have no idea why.

So I brought my healthier than normal McDonalds dinner home. Hm, Paul Newmans dressing, never had the ranch before. OMG. It was amazing! I still can't pinpoint what it was - God knows Hidden Valley Ranch was HUGE when I was growing up so it's not like I'd never had ranch before. But this was awesome ranch! Right then I decided I must have salads and I must have ranch dressing. So for the last couple of months almost every work day I have been eating a salad for lunch with ranch dressing. And I've been enjoying the hell out of them! I've been bringing fresh fruit with me - oranges or apples - bananas -and yogurt. Sometimes olives. My lunches have been healthy. And when I eat dinner - it's been healthier too, by virtue of the fact that I'm not eating as much processed food.

But damn it! I have to exercise. I love my new machine, but I am so tired when I come home from work that I usually don't manage it. So, on nights like these I just try to move around more and not spend the whole evening in front of this computer. UGH!!!

I hate it when I am disappointed in myself.

1 comment:

slippingthroughtheworld said...

oh i hate exercise bettejo :( and really would much rather watch paint dry, from my sofa. but it seems that we must face it eventually. even i am planning to get up early and begin a walk routine - haven't quite managed it yet but i know i must. x