Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I LOVE this thing!!


I ordered this "Sunny Twist Stepper with Handle Bar" from Overstock.com. It was a tax return gift to myself. It was $108.00 with $1.00 shipping (the shipping is normally almost a whopping 3 dollars!) at Overstock. I ordered it without huge expectations, knowing that it was not a full sized, expensive machine. I read the reviews and understood what the drawbacks would be, and wanted to take a chance. The reviews were not bad at all, but I was still a bit reticent.

When it arrived I was able to assemble it myself, even though the pictures and instructions weren't the greatest. I mean really, assembling exercise equipment is not my forte. But I was able to do it - and I was happy about that. The worst part - trying to get the wire for the time clock thingy from the bottom of the stand through to the top and out a hole the size of a dime. That was hard but again, I did it.

Trying it out - I was very happy. It's actually quite versatile. You can step up and down as if the steps are only 2 inches high, or take the full size steps. You can point your toes straight ahead, to the center - or outward. You can go fast or slow. And I like it!

When I was exercising a lot back in the (omg) 80's - I had a treadmill, an exercise bike and a stepper. The treadmill died, the bike broke down and went out with the trash, and the stepper is still out in the garage. I loved that thing. But it's HUGE! I have a new treadmill, don't really want a bike, and now I have this little stepper which is light enough for me to pick up and move around the room - or from room to room if I want to. I have my yoga DVDs and I think I am pretty happy with my stuff now.

Apparently I am not able to just do one thing day after day after day. When I lost a bunch of weight by walking A LOT - it was because I was fueled by a lot of emotional turmoil. That doesn't exist now. I wish I had something pushing me that hard - but not that. So I think I may have found my niche.

We will see. Of course any of it requires me to get my butt off the couch. Follow through. So again, we will see.

No comments: