Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Patience is not MY virtue.

I know nothing is going to happen overnight, and if weight is going to stay off - it needs to come off slowly. And what I really need to do is just incorporate healthy changes into my diet and let the weight take care of itself. One day at a time.



This is what I am having for lunch tomorrow. It's what I have been having for a while now, topped with a combination of fat free and light dressing. I actually took 3 bottles of ranch dressing, 2 light, 1 fat free, and poured them into a pitcher. I mixed them all together and poured them back into their bottles. I just can't go totally fat free. But - I keep a bottle of my concoction at work in the fridge so it's there already, makes it easy. I've been craving eggs lately so tonight I hard boiled a couple and put some in my salad.

I have not given up my bagel for breakfast, sometimes with cream cheese, more often toasted with ordinary sliced American cheese. Sometimes I'll quick fry an egg in a pan with Pam and put that on there. Yum. During the day I usually eat an orange, my salad, a Slimfast, and a low fat yogurt. If I need one - I'll have a Slimfast for dinner.

Little by little I need to mix in other healthy foods, but for a while I just need to stick with what works. What I'm comfortable with. How about - what doesn't make me gag?

Why can't chocolate ice cream and dark chocolate candy bars be the healthy foods, while spinach and artichokes were evil? THEN the tables would be turned. All those "naturally thin" people would blimp up like the girl in Willy Wonka who ate the blueberries. Or whatever it was. And us "full-figured" gals would slim down.

You know what would happen then? Fat would become the newest and most glamorous thing out there! Of course. For once I wouldn't mind swimming against the stream!

No comments: