Friday, July 24, 2009

Not liking this one bit!

Went to the doctor today. I was actually kind of looking forward to this visit because last time I thought my doc was going to hit the ceiling when I casually asked him "so, how are you going to like working for the government?" Let's just say he and I have differing political views. So this time I wanted to find out what he thought about this healthcare plan that is being proposed. I told him - you should probably take my blood pressure BEFORE we talk about this . . .

NT1920779
Speaking of blood pressure . . . oh I'm sly, aren't I? Yeah, so after eating all the fruit and salads and sticks and stones (that's whole grains for normal people) my blood pressure is still high. My doc took my pressure on both arms which he's never done before, and spent a lot of time listening to my heart. Then he went and wrote in my chart with this concerned look on his face. Normally he has a "what kind of smart ass comment can I make NOW" look on his puss.

THIS PISSES ME OFF!!!!

My dad developed diabetes later in life. Then he had high blood pressure. Then he had a stroke, then another one, and then he died. UGH. I am not ready to face mortality right now. I mean c'mon! I lost some weight, not enough - but some. I've been eating well. Better than well. And I still have high blood pressure. And I could tell too. Again the big problem - not enough exercise. I have not been consistent about it at all. The doc doubled the dose on the water pill I'm taking and ordered blood work.

THIS MAKES ME SO MAD!! So, what am I going to DO about it? Because I'm the only one that can change anything. What the hell is it going to take??

**Certainly not that bowl of mac n' cheese I just ate to make me feel better. :(

No comments: