Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Brain school

I wrote on my regular blog (is this one irregular?) or maybe I should say my original blog, about doing Wii Fit today. It was quite fun actually, I was surprised. I created my own little Mii character that got chubby when it figured my weight and BMI and declared me obese. That wasn't the best feeling, but it didn't berate me or make me feel stupid, so it wasn't too bad.

First I did some Wii sports, a bit of tennis and bowling, and then on to the Wii fit. The stepping was funny, they have these little Mii characters as if we're all in a step aerobics class together and you can follow them - or the foot-print diagram that scrolls down the center of the screen. I found I could not do it at ALL if I tried to follow the foot-prints. But when I watched the Mii on the right I did pretty well. I did better front to back than side to side. It was fun, I was laughing at myself and I did it several times. The hula-hooping is a bit weird but I tell you what - you use more stomach muscles and leg muscles than you would think. In the running I was queen, I got 4 stars and a crown, and I beat my 23 year old daughter's score. SCORE!!

If I keep eating the way I have been, and actually do some Wii and maybe some walking besides, I just might be able to pull this off. Slowly. You don't keep it off if you lose it too fast so my plan is to concentrate more on what I am doing for my health with diet and exercise, and have the weight loss be the lovely side-effect. BONUS! Just trying to change the mind-set again. It's all about my brain. I always thought it was all about the food, all about the exercise. It's all about my brain.

I must retrain the brain!

3 comments:

Tricia McWhorter said...

Retrain the Brain. Retrain the Brain. Just might make that my new mantra! Thanks. (My hypnotherapist tried "Water is my new beverage of choice" but every time I hear it on the tape I find myself saying, "No it's not. No it's not." Maybe the retrain the brain will work better.

BetteJo said...

Hope it works for both of us!

Cynthia said...

Wii Fit actually sounds kind of fun. I think it is always a good sign when my butt muscles hurt!