Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Maybe I'm a pod person!

I didn't think it was unusual to have a baked sweet potato with a side of green beans for dinner a couple nights ago. When I stopped at the store to pick up some bread - wanted a snack and instead of chocolate or Good n' Plenty, I bought nuts and dates. It is becoming more natural to reach for the natural as opposed to the processed, fresh as opposed to frozen. RAW even. I wasn't raised this way. I didn't raise my kids this way (sorry kids!).

It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's not a diet. It's a freaking way of life.

Is it possible that this becomes easier? Is it possible I am being dragged into the world of real food kicking and screaming, but I'm getting there? Is it possible I am getting used to it? Nah! I wouldn't go that far yet. We are talking about 50 years of - if it is tasty - I will eat it. 50 years of - if it is convenient - I will eat it. And let us not forget 50 years of - if it is fast - I will eat it. Lord I have to have learned something in all those years!!!

And I've been drinking more water too. Go figure.

5 comments:

WWSuzi said...

That is a huge step that you've taken!! Awesome :)

Tricia McWhorter said...

I'm with you on the natural foods. I'm enjoying those too (although I still love Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Potato Chips way too much. On the water though, I'm still not there. My hypnotherapy tape, which I haven't listened to for ages, kept saying, "Water is my beverage of choice," over and over in soothing tones. I could always hear a voice in my head saying back, "I don't think so!"

Day Dreamer said...

Water does work. I stopped drinking all but coffee, water, and skim milk in my challenge. Difference in weight loss (for me) was huge! And sometimes, when I'm seriously thirsty, water is all that really does it. Also, I've noticed that when I think I'm hungry, I'm actually thirsty instead. Water can knock out some of my cravings. (Not the cravings for chocolate, tho. Chocolate is never ever just a craving!!!!)

thotlady said...

I lost about 28 pounds recently. I have to say I used Nutrisystems for the first two months (expensive, but it worked for me). I liked having the meals right there each evening, without me having to think about what I was going to make.

Then after the second month, I tried to emulate the Nutrisystem diet. I did pretty well.

My biggest problem is sweets. I could just eat sweets and I would be fine. Not healthy but satisfied.

I am 5'10" and a size 14 now, I was a size 16. I tend to wear my clothes loose, so I might fit into some 12's but I don't buy 12's.

It is a struggle to maintain the weight loss. I go between 26 - 28 pounds lost at any given week. I do weigh myself every Saturday morning to keep myself on track. If I am up a pound or two I watch it the following week more closely.

Boy, I did run on and on didn't I.

Hang in there, it is worth it to be a healthier you.

Around My Kitchen Table said...

We're growing our own vegetables this year in an effort to eat healthier and I've just ordered The Vegetable Bible by Sophie Grigson which has some great recipies for veggies, or so I'm told. I'll let you know if it's any good. Keep up the good work.