Thursday, June 18, 2009

A tennis player I'm not.

But I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night . . .!

Ahem. My son and I set up our new Wii last night. He started testing out the games that came with it, the sports - tennis,bowling,baseball, somethin', somethin' else. He was enjoying himself last night so I never tried it. My theory here is - I'm going to treat it like a game. None of it is working out, that has the word "work" in it. It's fun!

So tonight I decided to try some games. I have opened Wii Fit but it is still in the box. Taking this slow so it's enjoyable. I bowled for a bit and that was okay. I created a "Mii" character so it looks like me, um . . . yeah. Then I played tennis. And I played more tennis. And before I knew it - 45 minutes had gone by, I literally had sweat dripping into my eyes, and my heart rate was up. But I didn't feel like I was exercising. It. Was. FUN!!! And the sweat dripping into my eyes had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that is was about 85 degrees and humid in my house. Nothing at all.

Okay so I suck at tennis. But I kept trying and actually won a couple of games. And I found myself acting like I was playing tennis for real - shifting my weight from foot to foot waiting for the guy to serve, moving from side to side in anticipation of where the ball was going to go, etc. And it's pretty funny watching my funny chubby little Mii doing a face plant trying to hit a ball that was obviously out of reach. I guess my little Mii is more like me than I thought.

So it's a good thing I enjoyed it. I'm hoping to do a lot more of this so I can keep myself from sitting on the couch as much as I do now! And I WILL get to the Wii Fit. I will. I promise.

1 comment:

Tricia McWhorter said...

Good for you!! We've thought about getting a Wii but nothing yet. We already have a treadmill that my husband and oldest daughter use. But I've only been on it once. I always seem to find other things to do, most of them while on my butt. I think it's wonderful you are finding ways to play and still be moving--much better for losing weight than Scrabble.