Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tortured no more!

Today was my last "conditioning" appointment.  I have gone for a total of 8 times, working out for almost an hour each time.  Don't tell Mercedes but - I'm going to kind of miss those hours.

People always say how easy it is for celebrities and wealthy people to stay in shape, they have personal trainers, cooks, etc.  And now I am even more convinced that's true.  When my arms were shaking and so tired I could barely lift them to do 2 more reps - - - by myself?  I would have stopped without doing those 2.  A trainer pushes you to do what you think you can't.

And there's a hell of a lot I still can't do.

But going to these appointments have re-focused me in terms of exercise.  What I need to do, how I need to do it, how often, and how far I can push myself.  I NEED to continue this.  All by myself.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ...

At my doctor's visit last week my blood pressure was a bit high, as well as at my pulmonologist's appointment.  Doc says we will keep an eye on it.  So while of course the whole point of all of this is to lose weight, to be thin, it is more to be healthy than to be cute.  I don't have that many years of "cute" left, but hopefully I will have several years of healthy life ahead if I am able to complete this journey.

But I want to make one thing clear.

Although Madonna and I are the same age - that --------------------------------->
is NOT my goal.

Ewww.

2 comments:

Tricia McWhorter said...

Good for you for sticking with this!! I know how hard it can be. I always wanted to try using a personal trainer but never could afford it. Trying to start up a program on my own. Wish me luck!

Susannah said...

This is fantastic stuff, BetteJo. Good for you! AND, I've never been a fan of Madonna...and lately, she's just gotten creepy. You're right -- creepy is NOT the aim.