Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sh-h-h-h .. while nobody is looking ....

It's kind of funny.  I'm not keeping this weight loss surgery thing a secret, but nobody reads this blog so I can talk about it all I want but it will still be a surprise to most!

I went to my seminar tonight.  When you have weight loss surgery you have to do all kinds of things first.  One thing is go to a seminar to learn all about the different kinds of surgeries available.  I did that tonight.  Apparently the hoops you jump through all depends on what insurance you have.  I swear some of them make you miserable ahead of time just to get you to back out.

My lovely insurance requires a 6 month freaking supervised diet with a physician.  Gah!  While another insurance only requires 2 years of medical data from a patient's doc.  Very arbitrary if you ask me.  But - I made a consultation appointment with my chosen surgeon for the end of the month.  In the meantime I have a stack of paperwork to finish!  Weight loss and general health history paperwork.  Yuk!

No comments: