Friday, December 31, 2010

So.

I saw my doctor yesterday. He wasn't sure I would qualify for lap band surgery, my particular insurance is hard to convince.  But then he reviewed my blood work, my weight, the diabetes, some mild sleep apnea and now diabetic neuropathy, and said I actually should qualify.  I wanted to make sure he was on board because even though this isn't his expertise - he is the doctor I've been seeing for the last 20 years and he knows me the best.

He also agrees that I only have so many years of "cute" left.  The jerk.  :)

So on Monday I believe, I will make contact with the doctor my doc recommended.  I will have to go to the seminar, a psychologist or some such doc, do a few back flips and learn to eat fire, and then I can have the surgery.  I will do whatever it takes - now that I have made this decision.  As of right now, all systems are go!

No comments: