Monday, January 31, 2011

Good news! Sort of ..

My first phone call after I left the doctor's office today "Guess what?  I'm fatter than I thought!"

Okay, maybe not fatter.  And normally I would never use 'fatter' and 'good' in the same sentence.  But apparently I am an inch shorter than I thought I was, and that brought my BMI up closer to the BMI that is acceptable for weight loss surgery without having to have additional things like diabetes or sleep apnea.

The doctor did not seem to think I would have a problem being approved which was a relief.  He also seemed to think I would only need to do a 3 month diet as opposed to a 6 month diet which is what I had heard previous.  The sooner the better, I say!  I need to call in a week to make sure the test results they did today are back, to get started on the next steps.  I need to see a pulmonologist, a dietitian, a psychologist, and I can't remember who else.  Whatever.  Let's get this thing going!!!

Very, very pleased.

No comments: