Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taking the good with the bad

Heard from my surgeon's office today, Michelle, who does the insurance for A - N or some such stretch of the alphabet, called me.  But before she called me, Liz from the sleep study place phoned.  Yay!  Can you say exciting?  I made an appointment for next Friday for the sleep study, spoke about what I need to do, what to bring, etc.  The only bad part is that I cannot use a computer or even my phone as it may interfere with the equipment.  Hmm.  Too cheap to put out for wi-fi, me thinks.  So that will be tough for me.  But WHO CARES?!?!  It's a sleep study!  I've always wanted to do one.

THEN Michelle called me, she had verified coverage with my insurance plan - good - and had confirmed I have to do a 6-month supervised diet first - BAD.  But I can do it with my primary care physician and that's good!  I have an appointment to see him on Monday, Valentines Day.  Did I mention he's a chocoholic?   He doesn't usually do diet supervision but I am going to bring him chocolate and convince him how easy it will be.  Already going to see enough new doctors.

Michelle went on to tell me at about month 5 of the diet I will finish up the things like the psych evaluation and whatever else is left over.  Liz called back and left me a voicemail saying that after my sleep study I need to see a pulmonologist to go over results of that.  I will call to make that appointment tomorrow.

Finally.  The ball begins to roll.  *Gleeful grin*

No comments: