Monday, December 20, 2010

Tired of hiding

It's SNOWING outside, one of those snows where everyone on the road slows down and drives safely and everybody prays that one stupid jerk doesn't try to whip around a corner and kill us all!  I enjoy this kind of snow though, the big fat, fluffy flakes that just keep coming and coming ... all day. and all night.  Woo hoo!  But then, I have 4 wheel drive on my girl's suv.


Not me

Regardless of whether there was snow or not, I needed to stop at Walgreen's to pick up a few prescriptions.  Sitting at the drive-though I could see the customer standing at the counter inside.  My old boyfriend.  And I mean OLD.  He was kind of my second boyfriend really, I was 18 and he was 23.  But now I'm 51 and he's 56 and he looks old!  We both pretended we had not seen each other, and I pretended I wasn't hiding behind the raised collar of my coat.  Cold weather and high collars cover double chins quite nicely actually.

But they can't make me feel any better about doing it.

I've never been like that.  I've always wanted to see people from previous times in my life, loved to see where they had gone, catch up on what they had done, etc.  Not anymore.  Now it's more likely I'd be ducking or turning away because it seems everyone I run into these days is from at least 50 pounds ago.  Ugh.  Intolerable.  Now that I have made the decision to have the surgery if I can, it can't happen soon enough for me.  I hate this feeling.  I hate ducking almost as much as I hate the double chin.

Waiting for a new day!

No comments: