Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why can't I?

Pizza last night. It is official, Pizza Hut sucks. I would never eat it because of something a friend told me a long long time ago. But my son likes to get pizza from there for some reason, so if I leave it up to him, that is what we end up with. But - yuk. Even the cats won't eat their sausage. But, no matter.

This is my weekend of indulgence before a new diet, and the Haagen-Daz I just finished more than made up for the crappy pizza. The only thing we didn't have in the house was regular pop as opposed to diet, but that's okay. My weekend of indulgence can't be perfect or I wouldn't have anything to whine about, now would I?

I've been asking myself why I decided to open up this blog when I have no success to announce, no progress to report. It's true I'm not putting it out there, not putting a button to this blog on either of my other 2. But it IS open if anyone runs across it. Maybe I am trying to shame myself. And silly as it sounds, maybe Barbara Cooper had something to do with it. Valerie Bertinelli landing on the cover of People in a bikini. Wow. She is 2 inches shorter than I am but our height/weight ratios kind of match. She's only a year younger than I am. And the interviews she's been giving really reveals the inner feelings of someone who had slowly gained a large amount of weight and the affect it can have.

She has a book out now. I think it's just her story, not a diet book or anything. But still - maybe I should read it. I need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

Of course I found the blog that you didn't mean for people to find...that is just how I am!

Thanks for stopping by and wishing me a happy blogoversary...so kind!

I won't be all cheerleader-y, I will only say good luck to you! You should visit my friend's weight loss blog...she is funny and honest (http://waywarddietgoddess.blogspot.com/)

Take Care...I'm off to look at one of your other blogs...where I am suppose to be! :)