Monday, August 1, 2011

SO. FREAKING. LONG!

Oh my gosh everyone said this process would just fly by.  Um .. NOT.  Finally finished my 6 month supervised diet where I lost a whopping 11 lbs proving how bad I am at dieting .. and now is when the insurance company gets all the paperwork and I get approved, right?

Not so fast!

There is that little detail of the clearance from my primary care physician - phone call made - check!  But oh my - apparently the diet, stress test, 2 sleep tests, acquiring a cpap machine, a lap band class and a dietary evaluation are not enough!  Next comes the upper GI and the chest x-ray!  Well actually, those only happen when I know I am approved.  If I am approved.  I also threw a pap and exam and a mammogram in there for good measure, and hopefully I am approved because my doc wanted me to have a chest x-ray anyway - being an ex-smoker like I am.

Whew.  No idea this was going to take so long.

Renee, the gal I started all this with who has different insurance and beat me to the surgery table by at least 3 months has already lost 50 lbs!  I am so jealous.

Please, Please, PLEASE let's get moving!!!

Impatient much?

Maybe, but it really has been a long time.

Sigh-h-h ...

No comments: