Sunday, August 21, 2011

In order for this to be a success, there is something I have to do.

My weight has fluctuated a lot for almost 30 years.  The big gain was when I was pregnant with my son and although that weight was lost - it was gained and lost several times after that.  But the biggest and most consistent gain came when - I'm sorry Honey - my boyfriend bought me a laptop.

Before that time I shared a desktop computer with my son and it was simply not possible for me to be on it all the time.  Eventually my son got his own laptop so I would have had more access, but the portability of the laptop did me in.  It was too easy to park it in front of the couch on a TV tray or after that - a small computer station on wheels.  And that's where I sat.  Where I am sitting right now.

It is doubtful I will go back to a tower and monitor.  But what I need to do is park my laptop at a desk and make sure it stays there.  Because once I come home from work I park myself in front of the TV and laptop and that's where I stay.  Not much housework gets done and not nearly enough projects get finished and certainly - very little exercise takes place.

Things cannot continue like this if I am to be successful in losing the weight I need and want to lose.  The lap band is a tool.  It's not a magic bullet and it's not going to make things better all by itself.  And I know me - I cannot imagine that I will always be perfect with my diet no matter how hard I strive to be.  So things need to change so more physical movement will be added to my day, every day.

Being aware of this issue for a long time has not been enough.  Now I have to make the changes, and I am willing to do it.  I have to.


3 comments:

helen said...

I've been vanished for ages (oh, moving) ...wanted to come and say I wish you every bit of luck and strength, and I hope everything is going beautifully.

BetteJo said...

Thanks Helen! I appreciate the support - and all the way from Germany!

Cindy said...

I don't want to do this however, we are in 2014,might you update us a little. I found when I started, I was open about my weight, after all I had nothing to hide. The computer and tv are the big ones.