Monday, December 28, 2009

Is there a 12-step program for cucumber addiction?

*
I swear, it's weird. When I started to eat salads a while back trying to get a grasp on what would masquerade as control of my life, I started to find I really liked cucumbers. No, really. Cucumbers with the seeds cut out and sliced into thin little crescent moons of goodness. A splash of Old Dutch salad dressing which is labeled as sweet and sour - although to me it tastes like spicy vinegar - and I am happy!

I cut them up and put them in a container overnight, and take them to work in the morning. It's my own little kick-ass cucumber salad without cutting up onion or adding sugar - or any of the other ways people make it. Sometimes I add sliced tomato, this time I added some carrot. More for color and because I should - than anything else. I would be happy with just the cucumber.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a cannoli. But right now - cucumbers are wonderful! Sometimes I think I'm craving vinegar, but what vitamin or mineral would that translate into? No idea. Just enjoying my cucumbers.
*

3 comments:

Tricia McWhorter said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I get that for cucumbers. I think I just love the bite of the vinegar. I also get the craving for spicy. It doesn't have to be anything rich, just hot and tangy.

Dorothy said...

I've been drinking cider and my doctor said to also add a cap of vinegar as it helps the metabolism.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Lavender said...

As it is summer here, we are having cukes from the garden nearly everyday - I love your idea of dressing them - thanks for the tip! I might have to try that tonight - LOL what a midnight snack!