Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Figures

While my Mom was visiting I went to have blood work done, I had an order from my doctor and it was getting closer to my next appointment. Bad news was, a couple of days later there was a message on my answering machine telling me the doc wanted to order more tests. My TSH was out of whack, my lipids, and my glucose was bad.

New tests run and my Hemoglobin A1C was in the diabetic range, my triglycerides are out of this world, and by some of the other numbers apparently I have an infection or inflammation somewhere. Gr-r-r.

Watching my Mom with her COPD/Emphysema I felt grateful I had quit smoking years ago. Also observing her attraction to junk food annoyed me because I have that myself. But she is about 5 foot nothing and about 100 lbs - and has always been that way. I'm - not that.

So tomorrow is my doctor's appointment and I will take my lumps. Or gastric sleeve maybe, yeah - that's the ticket!

We will see. Hopefully I will at least remember to shave my legs first.

No comments: