Monday, August 10, 2009

Lunch!

I make my lunch the evening before, I am not a morning person and I will do everything I possibly can so I have less to do in the morning. I get 2 mugs of tea ready, my meds for the morning and I make my lunch. I have lunch and 2 snacks everyday. Sometimes a V-8 thrown in. Man I love that stuff. Mostly lunch has been a salad. That's good, I've been loving my salads. But I've been craving meat so I bought some thinly sliced ham and shaved chicken. My lunch for tomorrow is a whole wheat pita with light mayo, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and chicken. Yummy! I told my daughter - I want to eat it NOW! Looks so good.

A year ago it was rare that I ever put lettuce on a sandwich and almost never used tomato. Unless it was a BLT dripping with mayo and jam packed with bacon. Mmmmm. Ahem. But right now - the sandwich I made looks awesome!

My 2 snacks will be some grapes and cherries mid-morning probably, and sliced cucumbers in a sweet and sour dressing that has a great vinegary taste in the afternoon. Yum again! If I need a little filler here or there - I have a container of Almonds on my desk. I do try to eat them in small amounts, it's hard though. We will see. This pita looks good enough that I am l looking forward to lunch tomorrow already!

My how times have changed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot more will power than I do. I just can't get away from the fatting stuff long enough to lose any weight.