Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kind of mad and late to the party

This weekend I discovered there are shoes out there being advertised as workout shoes in that - they help work your muscles when you walk wearing them. They tilt back just a bit and have a rocker type motion which forces you to use more muscles when you walk. Theoretically, of course. I'm sure everyone else already knew about these besides me. Always late to the party.

But me being me I'm like - yeah - I hafta try these! Seeing as I'm not getting a workout on my couch, the idea of shoes that practically do it for you appealed to me. Okay maybe the claims didn't go that far. Still - I started to shop. I found one brand, MBTs that are really expensive - around $250.00 a pair. And Reebok has come up with some called Shape-ups, still fairly expensive although less than the first. I searched and searched until I found basically the same kind of shoes sold through K-Mart, basically a knock-off called Thera-shoes. MUCH cheaper. Also? NOT available.

But the worst part? I spent the better part of a day searching the internet for these things and discovered that even if I could afford them, or find them in the case of the K-Mart shoes, NONE OF THEM WOULD FIT ME! I have wide Flintstone feet and not a single one of these shoes comes in wide widths.

GR-R-R-R-r-r-r ....!!! I'm guessing I'm going to have to get off my butt and do it myself. Exercise, that is. What fun is that!?!

**OOPS. Reebok has EasyTones and Sketchers has Shape-ups. Too many names too little brain!



3 comments:

Tricia McWhorter said...

I swear by Earth shoes and even have workout shoes by them (not that I work out all that often...yet) but they're supposed to help you burn calories because you are constantly walking slightly uphill in them due to the way they are slanted. They definitely aren't good for everyone but they work great for me.

One of my daughters has very wide feet and is VERY hard to fit. She has found New Balance to be the best--actually the only--shoes that fit her feet.

I know how frustrating it is to find good shoes. Good luck!!

Amanda said...

Oh, but it is fun!

Calico Kate said...

I have heard about these and a friend swears by them. I perhaps should look for some, eBay maybe?!
CKx