Saturday, August 30, 2008

Today

This weekend is a 3 day weekend with Monday being labor day. My plans were/are to work at getting my daughter's room cleaned up. She is away at school and she left her room looking like a tornado went through it. So, I plan on getting it cleaned up and organized, vacuumed and the like.

What did I do? I sat right where I am sitting now, and I worked on this blog. Had to make a header. Wanted to get everything just right. Unfortunately with this type of thing I tend to get obsessed and compulsive about it and I couldn't let it go.

Halfway through the day I realized I forgot to take my meds this morning, interrupting the cumulative benefit of my new higher thyroid med dosage. I ate - french toast and sausage. Had my tea as usual and later 2 skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. My diet is incredibly bad.

Last week I cooked almost every day. Something I haven't done in so long I can't remember the last time I did it. I went online and got all these recipes and had all these plans to keep cooking. Then I made a dinner one night that my son chose not to eat. Probably because it contained vegetables. He's 24 years old. But that was enough to throw me off - why cook if no one except me is eating it? Not a good excuse, but an excuse none the less.

Last night I thought well, I really need to let that set-back go and started to think about a grocery list. I decided to check my bank account to see what I had to work with and saw I really couldn't spend much at all. Certainly not as much as I spent the last time I went shopping. I need to figure out how to get my stuff together - I am completely out of control.

Andy left the house a little while ago and I asked if he was going to be stopping at the store, something I haven't done in a while. He wasn't sure, he said, but why? Cause I want sherbet. I have a taste for sherbet.

No comments: